Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider whose SaaS solutions play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing educational needs for the workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed real-time awareness into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a client base that spans six continents, including education institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
We seek an energetic, highly motivated Sales Development Representative to help drive growth within our organization. The successful candidate will serve a pivotal role in securing new accounts by making initial contact and educate potential clients regarding the impact that Burning Glass can have on education and learning. Working hand-in-hand with Sales Directors, you will turn leads into prospects and secure demonstrations with key decision makers.
• Proactively develop potential sales opportunities by prospecting and outbound cold calling of leaders within higher education.
• Execute lead generation programs to increase attendance at upcoming events, seminars, and create awareness for current product promotions
• Identify decision makers from within the target market through web search in order to start sales process
• Collaborate with Marketing and Sales Directors to determine essential strategic approaches for account attainment in defined markets
• Educate clients about terminology, features, and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
• Utilize Salesforce.com to track daily and weekly sales activities
• 1 -2 years of enterprise software sales experience in Inside Sales or Business Development
• Ability to thrive in a competitive, numbers-driven, performance-based environment
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeding activity metrics
• Proficient in Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM system) and Microsoft Office
• Active experience in creative lead generation and prospecting based on target client lists
• Strong organization skills and time management skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and competing
• Driven self-starter with high initiative and confidence
• Bachelor’s degree required
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and comprehensive benefits package offered.